We are proud of our track record of sponsored events. We want to continue to support events, large or small, if they support and grow the community, and are organized out of a genuine altruistic ambition.
HSPIN has sponsored more than 25 events in 2007!
What can I expect from HSPIN as sponsor of my event?
HSPIN typically sponsors one or several of its high end yoyos as first price for winners of the 1A division (3/4/5A/X is also possible). The total value of the donation/sponsorship depends on the size of the event and whether we have sponsored the same event before. Cash donations are rare, but possible (World Yoyo Contest, New York International Open).
What does HSPIN expect in return for sponsoring?
If you have our confirmation on sponsoring, we would appreciate it you could post about your contest on the blog on this page here.
In return for sponsoring an event, independant of its size, HSPIN hopes to see its logo 1) on the event webpage 2) on printed material and 3) on the backdrop of the stage, visible to all video cameras documenting the event. For larger events, we understand this is subject to our level of sponsoring.
What are restrictions to having HSPIN sponsor your event?
HSPIN aims to have fair and altruistic events, aiming to battle out a yoyoing winner of the day in each division. HSPIN has only a few fair restrictions before considering sponsorship. They include:
- If HSPIN donates a yoyo for the winner of a division "XYZ", dedicated judges for this division "XYZ" may not participate as contestants in this division "XYZ".
- HSPIN requires the event organizers to determine the division which can win the sponsored yoyo BEFORE the event takes place
- HSPIN does not sponsor auto-judged ("contestant-judged") events, which do not have a dedicated team of judges
How should I apply for sponsorship?
Please send us an email if you are interested in HSPIN supporting your event, and provide us with the information listed below. Once we have agreed to sponsor your event, please register your contest in the Melting Blog.
- What is the exact name of the contest?
- What is the exact time and date of the event?
- What is the exact location of the event?
- What is the internet URL of the event's webpage?
- What are the names of all organizers and affiliated organizers of this very event?
- What number of contestants do you anticipate to part-take in the event, and how many have registered so far? (an honest guess is better than an inflated number, keep in mind we want to GROW the community)
- Can you provide HSPIN the exposure requested above in exchange for the sponsorship?
- Who will be the judges and how will the event be judged?
- Please confirm you can comply with every sponsorship restriction stated above
- Please confirm you can make a blog entry about your contest on our page.
- Which division do you plan to give our possible donation to? We would like our donation to be the price for the winner of the 1A division.
- Please indicate the shipping address we should use for sending or donation IF we decide to sponsor your event